Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Double Denim: What Sara Wore



Levi's denim: Hand-me-down / Sparkly top: Charity shop / High-waisted jeans: Just Female @ ASOS Sale / 
Ballet pumps: New Look / Hair cuff: Topshop / Faux snakeskin bag: Charity shop / 
Sunglasses: Primark 

I wore this last Saturday on a brief and invigorating adventure to the post office. Little did I know, a very hot afternoon was forecast, and I emerged from the post office resembling a tomato. 

But onto the outfit! Yes, I'm committing the ultimate 'fashion sin': double denim.
My Just Female jeans are proving wildly inappropriate for the near heatwave England is experiencing, but I haven't been able to get enough of them since I snapped up a pair in the ASOS Sale for about twenty pounds. They're high-waisted and as tight as leggings (but surprisingly comfortable), and they balance out a long torso and shorter legs perfectly. 
The jacket was a recent discovery straight from the back of my Mum's wardrobe; it belonged to a Great Uncle of mine who passed it onto my Dad, but it had never seen the light of day. It's oversized and in absolutely perfect condition, so I love throwing it over floral dresses or floaty skirts for that nineties-esque, grungier feel. 
I own approximately five metallic, sparkly tops but this one is the baby of the litter which I purchased a few years ago at a charity shop. It's a baggy but stretchy material which makes it very low maintenance and comfortable to wear, and the neckline means that it can appear off both shoulders or asymmetric with total ease. It's just a carefree piece. 
Snakeskin is a recent obsession of mine, so when I saw this in a local charity shop I had to pry myself away before I bought it, but alas, I returned the next morning and parted with my pennies. It has a detachable strap which means it doubles as both an over the shoulder bag and a clutch, so in my mind it's two bags for the price of one. A lot of vintage bags have removable straps, so it's something to look out for if you like practicality and versatility in a bag. 
Last but certainly not least are my nude ballet pumps, a chic addition to any outfit. They're even a sneaky dupe of the Topshop ballet flats I've seen a lot of, but for an £8 saving and far sturdier sole, I highly recommend the New Look version. 

Sara
P.s. What's your favourite low maintenance outfit? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Don't forget to follow 

1 comment:

  1. you know me, i always end up going 'low maintenance' and wearing jeans and a t-shirt and resembling zoey101, but in a bad way, woooo!
    you look gorgeous, as per. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.