Monday, 26 March 2012

Splendid Storage Solutions


    
I'm sorry for the creepy floating head in the first picture, I had an even better (very attractive) alternative which I was considering using, until I reminded myself that I'm trying to gain followers, not scare them away...

Anyway, I bought my first tobacco tin (Erinmore Mixture Pipe Tobacco) a couple of years ago in a local vintage shop,  and used it for storing rings and earrings for while. The Gold Flake tin's origin escapes me, but it was most likely an impromptu charity shop purchase, and the silver plates were my most recent buy from the selection - I got them for fifty pence each from the bric-a-brac charity table at my family Church! I always feel a tinge of guilt for buying things which are so under-priced, but at such times of financial hardship I am grateful for a good bargain! 
So, to cut a long story short, having accumulated all of these pieces and not really put them to good use, they currently reside on my dressing table as makeup storage. It's always a little more fun to have something aesthetically pleasing that might ordinarily be dull. 

I think this is a cheap and cheerful idea which can quickly expand into a collection; I also use old marmalade jars and second hand vases as storage solutions! 

Sara
P.s. Don't forget to follow for more posts like this, and try and be inventive with your makeup storage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.