Sunday, 25 March 2012

Tailored: What Sara Wore


Blazer: Charity shop / Dress: Primark / Sheer tights: Primark / Buckled flats: Office Sale / 
Necklaces: (see here) 

So I'm trying something a little different with the photography - reactions? I especially like the second picture where I appear to be having menstrual cramps in a deeply philosophical moment.

I saw this blazer around a fortnight ago on a major charity shop splurge, hiding away in a dusty corner of Oxfam and priced at a miraculous £5.99.
The dress was a Monday afternoon purchase, (the best friend and I tend to spend our Monday frees spending money we don't really have) and courtesy of Primark! As a seasoned vintage rummager, I am no snob when it comes to shopping, but I can't say I'm ever all that impressed with Primark - but their newest range is surprisingly refreshing, and this dress seems to be a cheeky dupe of Topshop's Speckle Strappy Mini Dress which I've had my heart set on for a while. The biggest difference? I'm only eight hundred pennies poorer.
My shoes were a January Sales steal for only £12, and they always add that androgynous edge I love, when my Chelsea Boots are taking a holiday. The only downside is that they are a whole size larger than my feet which doesn't exactly aid the slightly-above-average-size-feet syndrome, but I'm never one to turn a bargain down. Anyway, it's never about the size, it's about how you wear it. 

Blazers paired with low maintenance dresses might just be my new Spring look.

Sara
P.s. Fashion or beauty posts?

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely as always and I love the new photography it look's natural, also for the fashion or beauty posts? Keep doing both for me:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a gorgeous dress, you look FAB DARLING ;) fashion AND beauty posts. please. ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.