Monday, 30 April 2012

Unknown Pleather: What Sara Wore

Levi's Denim: Hand-me-down / Snakeskin tee: Second hand / Scarf: Second hand /
Faux leather shorts: Next / Buckled flats: Office Sale / Unknown Pleasures tote: eBay / 
Sunglasses: H&M/ Hoop earrings: Dutch Market / Lips: Revlon's Sienna

The title is supposed to be a play on words (original) of Joy Division's famous album Unknown Pleasures, which I guess is apt because I have the artwork printed on the bag you can see above.

Today, the sun had his hat on, "hip hip hip GO AWAY", although I'm sure few Brits share my sentiments. I had a short college day and intended on hiding from the heat in a library study room, but by the time I made it home I was reduced to such a boiling mess that I simply crawled into bed. Do I sound grumpy? I am grumpy. I'm not trying to dampen anyone's spirits (nice weather imagery, can you tell I'm a literature student?) but I really am more of a rainy-day-by-the-fire-with-a-Grace-Kelly-film kinda gal. Unless I'm abroad, or in the comfort of my own garden, the sun is not my friend. I would like to live in a cold country; it would never feel like a sin to pretend it's Christmas and I'd have an endless excuse to buy fur coats.

Ramble over, and onto the outfit - there was no rhyme or reason to my choices, I simply pulled out the contents of my wardrobe, quite literally, and grabbed a few items. Most of my clothes are interchangeable and can be worn together, somewhat of a 'Capsule Wardrobe', and I'm in denial that winter is over, so everything seems to be a variation of grey...
I chose a good pair of chunky hoop earrings to brighten up the darker tones in my outfit, and I liked the silver/gold contrast of my sunglasses, necklace, earrings and buckles. The tee and shorts looked too fitted so I threw on my over-sized denim jacket for a more boyish feel. I'm obsessed with these sunglasses, but I want some smaller, circular ones just so I can pretend to be John Lennon...

Words aren't coming very naturally today, which I think is a combination of mind-boggling revision and exhaustion, so I apologise for the less than eloquent and awkwardly unhumorous writing.

Sara
P.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShL-160gCkM

4 comments:

  1. why dont you like the sun?! crazy girl. you look ace as per, and i LOVE the lipstick! sorry if my facebooking distracted you while you were trying to write this...you know how 'passionate' i can get about certain issues that annoy me...ha.. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) liking the shades. and according to bbc weather, the rest of the week is going to be downpours yet again, so I'm sure you wont have the same hot problem for a long while, knowing the rubbishness of british weather. I'm sort of looking forward to it too, as sunny days mean hay fever!

    rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit! I have a denim jacket just like yours, they're the besttt xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bag, and your general style - its impeccable.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.