Tuesday, 24 July 2012

A Summer Face

Brows | GOSH Long Lasting Brow Pen in Wheat, Benefit Brow Zings Brow Shaping Kit in Light
Eyes | Benefit They're Real Mascara, Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Black
Skin | Maybelline New York Super Stay 24H Concealer, Olay Complete Everyday Sunshine
Cheeks | GOSH Natural Blush in Brown Dash, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl 
Lips | Benefit Cha Cha Tint, Original Carmex

As the weather in England has drastically improved from dismal downpours (appreciate the alliteration) to blissful sunshine, I've switched up my make up routine to accomodate the heat.
Recently, I've been wearing concealer alone which has felt like a refreshing new lease of life for my skin! I always feel that when it comes to heavy-duty foundation or coverage, if you've got half decent skin - less is more. There is always pressure in the fashion/beauty world to adhere to a certain checklist of daily products: primer, foundation, concealer, highlighter, bronzer; so on and so forth. But it's important to tailor your skincare and make up routine to your skin. So, ramble ramble, a tinted moisturiser is a good alternative for normal/dry skin types. I use a pea-sized amount of the Olay Complete Everyday Sunshine and it leaves my skin with a subtle glow, as well as protected from harmful rays and moisturised. 
Cream blushes and cheek/lip stains are ideal for the hot weather because they're low maintenance and usually long lasting. I am obsessed with the GOSH Natural Blush in Brown Dash - on application it appears quite dark but when blended into the skin it fades to a gorgeous (and not tacky) orange. Plus, that stuff does not budge. 
I have a brow tutorial in the pipeline but I am wary that the above photos do not depict a good brow day! If you're cursed with about three, blonde brow hairs like me, then you'll understand the ritual of making them look somewhat human.  

Sara
P.s. What is your Summer beauty essential?

8 comments:

  1. I love cheek stains in the summer too. Way nicer than having a load of powder on your face in the sun! You look really fresh and pretty. Just discovered your blog and it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so so pwetty. love this :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaand ive awarded you the Laine blogger award - you can see my post here! :)
      http://itsneecola.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/laine-blogger-award.html
      nicola xxxx

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem with my brows! And its so difficult finding the right colour to fill them in

    I tagged you for the Liebster award if you are interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a brow tutorial all about mine that I posted recently if you're interested!
      And thank you sweetheart, but sadly I've already completed the Liebster blog award!

      Delete
  4. Your cheek bones are incredible (That probably sounds really creepy...)We have the same eyeliner pen, I've been using it since about April and I don't think I'll ever change to another one! What do you think of it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all dear, just very kind.
      It's excellent for the price, although I find the nib to be a little thick for my liking.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.