Saturday, 25 August 2012

Brow How-to: Fair Brows to Full Brows: Tutorial


Products used: Benefit Brow Zings Brow Shaping Kit in light, GOSH Long Lasting Brow Pen in Wheat, Mini Benefit Tweezers, Elf Mascara Wands, Real Techniques Brow Brush.

Before

After

Step 1: I take a mascara wand and comb through my brows to neaten up any strays. The ELF wands come in a pack of twelve and retail at a couple of quid. They're dense, sturdy and help me to create 'naturally' darkened brows. They're also handy if my brows are looking unruly and technically need a good pluck...

Step 2: I begin to fill in my brows with the GOSH brow pen. At this point - a precise outline is key. I make the brows substantially darker than I want the end result to appear (a method that will make sense in Step 3). The pen is the best brow product I have used to date because the felt tip end helps to create hair-like lines with every stroke.

Step 3: If you're into the scouse brow look, I guess you can leave it here... but if, like myself, you'd rather your brows looked human, simply brush through them with a wand. This allows the colour to blend seamlessly onto the skin and removes any harsh lines.

Step 4: If I want to be meticulous I like to perfect my brows a little more. Using the wax (left side of the brow kit) I run it through my brows sparingly to increase opacity and warm up the colour to suit my hair slightly better. 
And again, the beauty of a brow comb is that you can brush through the hairs and soften the colour if you get a little wax happy.

And voilà! You should be left with convincingly darker, fuller eyebrows.
Are you eyebrow obsessed too?


Sara

5 comments:

  1. great tutorial!

    you have such a lovely blog too, definitely following!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my big giveaway to win one of two prizes, including loads of jewellery and an H&M clutch! it ends soon so be quick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I love your username!

      Delete
  2. im totally eyebrow obsessed but as you probably know i dont fill mine - just pluck them daily to keep their shape! i have to remind myself not to go too far at times... :P
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.