Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Coordinated Cheeks and Lips

If only I were blessed with an attractive profile. 
A few days ago I decided to be daring, and by that I mean I matched my blush and lip colour. So I wasn't particularly daring. At all. But still - it was different.
I used Benefit's Cha Cha tint which I purchased on a recent trip to Prague in the central Sephora. I have loved the colour for a long time but, as with Benetint, my first attempts at application did not go to plan. I would brush a stroke of product on the apple of my cheek and rub it in with my ring finger. Not only did this leave my finger stained and tangy orange, but the coverage was blotchy and the original stroke was darker than everything else. Cue panic, buyer's remorse, scraping my piggy bank simply to reassure myself I was not, as I feared, penniless*. But with practice, I think I've cracked the conundrum for good. Benefit is not at fault (as I had almost hoped) but it was my technique all along. Now, I use the same method but speeeeedily grab my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend the tint in circular motions - and voil√†!
The lips work best when applied with a lip brush if only to avoid the Essex style ring finger...

Sara

*For the record, I am in fact rolling in pennies. Of course, my bank balance consists of a lot of zeros and the occasional tumbleweed, but I have emptied a year's worth of coppers, cleared my Dad's bedside table of coinage and have so far discovered a whole five pounds. Big money. The joys of being jobless.

7 comments:

  1. ive seen this technique in practice, and it looks gurrrrrrd. you pretty lady you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, check out my blog to win JBRAND jeans!

    www.adventuresinherstilettos.com

    dianna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Benefit but since I still haven't mastered the tint technique I stick with their powder blush which is amazing :)

    ~Ping
    http://withinthesun.blogspot.com/

    P.S Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your makeup looks amazing! you have such a lovely blog!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! I think I will try it because it is something diff. :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using tint for both lips and cheeks - so easy to do :)
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.