Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Azealia Banks: Who I Saw + What I Wore

Moira and I on the bus, looking discheveled from the rain...
Intense excitement = bizarre facial expressions
Zebra Katz 
AZEALIA BANKS
I wore a sheer tee, metallic pencil skirt, chelsea boots and a tote bag. 
On the 3rd of October I saw Azealia Banks perform at a university union. Not only did I ditch my Mother on her birthday (a technicality I failed to notice when buying the tickets) but I actually left the house on a weeknight. May I reiterate how big a deal that is for me!? Ah, the sentiments of a true hermit.
It was a typical, wet Yorkshire evening as I sprinted to the bus stop to meet my scantily clad friend who was sheltering from the rain. An odd ginger man tried to strike up a conversation which I hastily avoided - I recognised him from the library and he had already tried and failed to work the magic. I won't divulge the embarrassing details - like I said, a typical Yorkshire evening. 
Zebra Katz was the first to perform with support from Njena Reddd Foxxx, which set a dark atmosphere before a set from DJ Cosmo. Listen to Zebra Katz' breakout single Ima Read and visit DJ Cosmo's official website for a taste of the night.
Then, it was Azealia's turn. You probably know her for '212' but that barely scratches the surface of her talent. I'm far from a music critic so I'll simply direct you to her FREE mixtape and let you make up your own mind. But I have to give the girl credit - backing dancers, LED lit bralet and incredible green hair extensions made for an spectacular show. My favourite track of the night was Esta Noche but her overall performance left nothing to be desired. Plus, she wore pieces from Topshop and American Apparel! 
The only downside of the night was that I nearly fainted in a sea of pushy teenagers clad in Fresh Prince of Bel Air-esque outfits, so I'd have to call it a success.


Sara 
P.s. What is your choice of attire for a gig?

2 comments:

  1. Great concert outfit! Especially like the sheer tee and the chelsea boots. Looks like you had a great time!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your outfit! :) the sheer tee is amazing :) I saw Azelia banks last year support two door cinema club and she was so good, so full of energy. But it was only her when i saw her so she has moved up!
    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.