Tuesday, 2 October 2012

September Beauty Favourites


Vaseline Healthy Hands and Strong Nails Hand Cream 
The moment the temperature dropped in the slightest I headed straight to Boots to stock up on hand cream. I wanted something cheap, cheerful and good for the nails (which I've been growing - more on that later) and  this little tube ticked all the boxes. I wouldn't say it has a majorly lasting effect on the hands but they do feel instantly softer and hydrated. Plus, it's compact and handbag friendly for college days.

Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour Concealer
This has to be my highstreet holy grail concealer. I've tried and tested many others, including the much hyped about Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, but as far as I'm concerned this is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. It's creamy, long wearing, brightening and blendable. Just buy it, okay!?

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Sienna
Sienna is my all time favourite lipstick. The formula is outstanding, it glides on effortlessly, moisturises, stays put and is beautifully pigmented. It is undoubtedly my go-to colour and looks great on warm complexions   To be frank, I also really like that an accurate colour representation is printed on the top of the tube, (not visible in these photos - oops) but I'm never too picky when it comes to packaging anyway.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
I bought this and featured it in a haul at the beginning of Summer with a despairing description - the lipstick itself is lovely, but I was convinced it washed me out completely. However, by some bizarre turn of events it has become my nude lip colour of choice! My only qualm with the Rimmel Moisture Renew lippies is that they slide off quite quickly. I suppose I can't help but compare them to the Revlons of the world...
Sienna is like the highly achieving eldest child, and Nude Delight the awkward middle child with average grades that will never quite fit the bill in comparison. Now that, folks, is a weird analogy. Philosophy books are sending me cuckoo.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm
Lovely jubbly. That's all I have to say.

Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba
A natural, Summery glow in tub for two quid. You just can't go wrong.

Tiger Balm
I occasionally get cramp in my knees and legs in the evenings which makes falling asleep a challenge and a half (just call me Grandma Sara). I have to give credit to my Mum for discovering Tiger Balm as it really is a miracle product. The slogan is 'works where it hurts' and there's no debating that statement! It seems to instantly relax muscle aches and strains. But be warned, this stuff is smelly - try and give it a whiff in your local drugstore without drawing too much attention to yourself... 

Body Shop Kabuki Bronzing Brush
I've wanted a Kabuki brush for such a long time but didn't want to pay a high end price. Luckily, I didn't have to pay anything as this beauty was a birthday present! It has super soft bristles and blends product really easily.

Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle
As I mentioned earlier (and in previous blog posts) I've been growing my nails after a lifetime of biting. This was collecting dust in a bathroom drawer from a past attempt by Mum to break my habit, so I thought I'd give it another go. I'm clearly not very informed on the subject, but my nails seemed to catapult into looking vaguely normal within a few days, and have been looking healthier as everyday goes on. That Sally Hansen knows her stuff!

Sara 
Here comes the chunky postscript!  
1. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my lovely new followers!
2. Would you like to see a non-beauty favourites post for September?
3. Expect a 10,000 pageviews mini giveaway in the coming week! 

3 comments:

  1. hehe i love that you always have some handcream with you to offer round in english ;) smells lovely!
    loooove the lippies too :)
    WOOOO keep going with your nails - they is looking GOOD gurrrrrl ;)
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. and GAH forgot to say that YES i would like to see a non-beauty faves post for september, pretty please x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails are lookin good gurl! But would still like to see a post on the tramp coat!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.