Thursday, 11 October 2012

The Vidal Sassoon Cut



I was roaming inconspicuously around my city centre when a stranger tapped me on the shoulder. My first thought was please don't ask me for money, my signature or sexual favours, but instead it was a trainee stylist on the lookout for hair models! Need I confirm my relief? She told me she needed a model for a one length bob and I fit the bill, so without further ado, I booked an appointment for Monday afternoon.
I was expecting (or rather hoping for) a basic trim and a fringe reshape, but the stylist was eager to try something different. When she suggested a full fringe, I was sceptical. I've tried the look many times before and found it unflattering on my face, but after some convincing I agreed to a soft, Alexa Chung style fringe.
If you're unfamiliar with the concept of hair modelling, it's completely free and usually an opportunity for trainees to practice different styles or techniques on real life models. It was my first Vidal Sassoon experience and I must say, the quality is outstanding. The process took a total of three hours, (I was informed this hairstyle is the very hardest to achieve as literally not a single hair can be out of place) give or take tea top-ups, loo breaks and waiting, but it was more than worth it. It is the most impeccable haircut I have ever had the pleasure of receiving and it has given my hair a new lease of life! I'm no haircare fanatic, but I've spend the evening browsing Boots online for products - I've vowed to look after my new do!

Sara 
P.s. What is your favourite haircare product?
P.p.s. I will be having my hair dyed free of charge in the next fortnight: any colour recommendations?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this cut is incredibly flattering on you. Looks great! Love the lipstick you're wearing here too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that hair cut looks very flattering on you. Seems you were at the right place at the right time!

    www.mintyessence.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so beautiful I love your hair <3 x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your new hair, so neat and so very you! cant wait to see the new colour :D mwah xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much, you're total sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.