Monday, 12 November 2012

Autumn Cheeks


Collection 2000 Mosaic Shimmering Glow Powder/
GOSH Cream Blush in Brown Dash/Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba
You could be deceived by the above swatches into thinking this is a post better suited to the warmer seasons. Well, I think warmer tones can be versatile enough for the winter months too.
Take Collection 2000's Mosaic Shimmering Glow Powder. I bought this on a whim around two years ago and I'm on my second pan! I know there's nothing more irritating than describing a product with a word in its title, but Collection 2000 hit the nail on the head - this powder creates a beautiful, buildable glow. Cooler skin tones can opt for the Snow White-esque reds or the dramatic pinks when the cold strikes, but for my complexion (which does dull in the latter part of the year) a highlighter/bronzer combo offers my skin a new lease of life. The Mosaic Glow Powder gives a healthy sheen to the face that doesn't overpower paler skin and leave you feeling like an Essex reject.
GOSH's Cream Blush is thick and tough to blend, but it stays for a good few hours. Don't be dissuaded by the name - this blush is a brown tone but it isn't like rubbing foundation ten shades darker than your colouring onto your cheeks. As a cream blush, it doesn't cling to dry skin and can be blended onto the cheekbones for a more defined look. It is a definite alternative to the aforementioned Snow White colours!
Lastly, something I'm sure you're all sick to death of hearing about (I can sense the resounding sigh), it's the Natural Collection blush in Peach Melba! Again, peach is a colour better associated with the Summer, but as this blush is pigmented yet subtle, it simply adds a natural looking tone. Check out my previous post for a slightly more articulate description.

Sara 
P.s. I apologise for the disjointedness... I feel like bambi on the ice writing again! 
P.p.s. I apologise for all the Disney references. Christmas makes me nostalgic.

7 comments:

  1. we need a disney movie day together plz.
    i really want to try the collection 2000 powder youve mentioned, looks pwetttyyy, and we all know how much i love my bronzers ;) i forgot to tell you that that liquid bronzer thing from the body shop has arrived, i like it but need some tips on how to use it well! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always hear so much about this peach melba blush through blogs and youtube I really should check it out. Also..is your rug from ikea?? I think I have the same in my room and its literally the softest thing ever, love it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peach Melba is such a must have Hannah! It would look gorgeous against your complexion and eyes I'm sure.
      Yes it is! I needed something for my wooden floor this winter and I struggle not to sleep on it some nights - too comfy.

      x

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the Collection 2000 Mosaic Shimmering Glow Powder :)

    whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, why not add a glow in the colder months! It doesn't always have to be about the vampy colours.

      Delete
  4. I love the natural collection blushers, The collection 2000 one looks pretty as well ! Im a new follower :)

    Beautiful Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carys, thanks for following!

      x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.